I hope you guys got a little rain down south this week! We received a much needed .50" yesterday.
This week, my equine dentist was out to work on horses. I had him check Roach. Because he had lost the caps on the front molars, the new teeth that had come in below were quite sharp, so we went ahead & did him. He had one cap ready to come out that we pulled & gave him bit seats again on the new adult teeth. He is on track for a 3 YO. He had lost his 3-year caps & still has his 3.5-year caps. The dentist recommended that Roach be done again in 6 months once his other caps have come out.
Regarding training, we were able to get into the arena for a couple of rides this week. I've really focused on allowing him to move out freely at all gaits before I begin asking him to do too many One Rein Stops. To work on steering, I throw in a lot of figure eights & circles. Overall, once he gets past those initial moments when first saddled, he does fairly well.
Next week, we'll continue to build upon our rides in the arena while working on ORS, Cruising, Yielding the Hindquarters, & improving our steering.
Next week's update will be posted on Friday.
I do my best to get these updates posted in a timely manner, but it's not uncommon for me to be outside until after dark, depending on the weather, my schedule, & who gets worked when so updates will sometimes be posted quite late in the evening. Don't be alarmed if you don't see your update right away. In rare cases, I may have to push them until the next morning, but I'll reach out & let you know if so.